Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Been MIA. Apologies all around!

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been so tired lately and sick that when I have a minute to sit down I have to force myself to do school work and then it's bedtime. Anyway...

So I have been seeing a midwife up until today (I see the new doctor today) and she seemed really great at first. I thought it would be amazing to have her and be able to have the birth I wanted and I just really liked how social she was. UNTIL I went in on Monday and I had to do yet another transvaginal ultrasound and after the ultrasound I realized she didn't even wear gloves!!!!!!! So I point it out to my husband as soon as she walks out of the room and he's like "AND she didn't wash her hands when she came into the room or left..." So gross. And to top it off, my pregnancy started out as a twin pregnancy (vanishing twin- I guess it's called). At my last ultrasound we found out it was just a singleton and not a twin any longer. (I had been going every 2 weeks- that's how they schedule them and with the two sacs at the first ultrasound and no fetal poles in either one we had to keep following up) So anyway, she goes to start my ultrasound on Monday and she's like "I just can't believe this isn't a twin pregnancy with the way you are experiencing symptoms and blah blah blah..." WELL it WAS a twin pregnancy, and it seemed so impersonal that she didn't even bother to look at my chart again before saying that. I don't know. I really liked delivering at the hospital with my girls--- I love the nurses that work Labor and Delivery but I don't feel like that is enough anymore to keep me going. The icing on the cake for me was that EVERY single visit I've had thus far I have had to wait a minimum of 1 1/2 hours, more like 2 1/2 hours just to be seen. I get back in the room and have to wait another 45 minutes or more to have the doctor/midwife come in. FRUSTRATING! I have 3 young kids, they are good for about a hour of wait time, anything over that and I've lost their ability to listen.

So after allllll of that complaining I found another doctor/practice and they deliver at an entirely different hospital. Well several. But I have two choices with my insurance. One is a university hospital, it's a really nice hospital. My dad had his liver transplant there just over a year ago so I've spent A LOT of time there. It's a teaching hospital too. The other one is a hospital specific for women. It's the birthing, surgery, etc hospital. The only down side is how far away it is. It's probably a good hour away, maybe a little less and I worry about having to make my in-laws drive with my kids all the way there when it's time to see the new baby. My husband said not to worry about it and just pick which every hospital I want to pick... but I don't know. But I am so excited because both hospitals are MUCH nicer than the one I delivered my girls at, and these doctors come with great referrals. The only downside which I actually don't mind is that I don't get ultrasounds every appointment like I was at the previous place. But that's a small price to pay and I think that will make it a lot easier to say no to finding out the gender.

Well there you have it.  That's my current woes. I know there are others that are having doctor issues and my recommendations to anyone is if you aren't comfortable CHANGE doctors and find someone you are comfortable with. You are stuck seeing these people for the next 8+ months, make sure it's a place you feel comfortable at. Especially when it's time for the birth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment